Skip to main content

Suprise!!!!

A FORTY-ith birthday party!  I couldn't believe it...nothing makes a girl's funk subside like feeling all that LOVE!  What a wonderful thing...and I REALLY was surprised.  Everyone involved had me convinced there would be no celebration.  My best friends took me out to dinner one night this week to "celebrate" at our favorite Japanese Restraunt (and had the waiters sing to me!), which was great and fun and the highlight of my week...donchya'll know.  I thought that was it.  Sweet Hubs said, "oh, we could go out to dinner if you really want to"...and reminded me of how busy our weekend was going to be.  I was like "never mind..."  "I'll be fine...I will not pout!"  Nothing like being old and grumpy!

 and all the while....all the friends who kept asking me what was wrong KNEW that I was getting ready to be got!
And it was one of the sweetest surprises of my life...and as I rounded the corner and spied the balloons and decorations, my first thought was...oh, the school must be having some sort of celebration. 
There were 40 (+) icing roses handmade by my very pregnant friend B, and PRESENTS!!!  Each one of those cupcakes on the stand below has a rose on it...



all these pictures are from my sis-in-law's camera...so they are what they are, I didn't take a camera to small group...and I almost wore sweat pants (Joe said....you're not going to wear that are you?  He knows what's good for him, haha)

Comments

Jessica said…
this was such a fun thing to do :) I'm so glad you had a great 40th :) I've told you before, but I never get tired of saying it....my grandma says her 40s were her BEST years! Happy to be able to share your 40s with you :) there is more japanese food in our future :) very near future :)

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Blessings, Birds and Bees

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. It came on the heels of a weekend of sickness, both Nate and Joe. Nate was officially diagnosed with croup and exacerbation of asthma and is still taking steroids and sounds worse, but the light at the end of the tunnel is on! Joe stayed in all weekend and sounded almost as bad as Nate minus the wheezing. We kept our family home (even from church, small group, etc) feeling like hermits. And, even though the boys were both sick, I picked up sweet Bella the dog on Saturday from a friend who works with the NC Lab rescue group. We know we eventually want another dog, but not until Nate is old enough to handle it. Bella, a one year old yellow lab- sheltie mix, house-broken, crate-trained 28 pound sweet girl, is going to spend a little time at our house and see how it goes. The kids think we're pet-sitting to help out Mrs. D, which is true, sort-of. The sweetest moment came yesterday when Nate gave a bedtime blessing to Bella the Dog. &qu

Lurkers...De-Lurk!

Cute, huh? De-lurk...leave a comment on the blogs you visit and let the bloggers know you read thier stuff. I plan to!

2008...

If you would have even tried to tell me what events would unfold in 2008, I would have shook my head and refused to believe. Not possible for so many soul stirring events to occur in one year! Not possible for so many I know to suffer so much! Not possible for my own path to include twists, turns and doubling back on itself! Not possible to have so much peace in the midst of so much chaos! There have been moments I thought I would fold from the weight of the pain...my own and that of others...implode from the pressure of decisions and a search for clarity...For me, this has been a year of cracked foundations...a roller coaster ride of lessons that are still being learned in full...growth occurring in places I saw no need for change and enormous fallout resulting from unavoidable conflict. Humbleness...sadness...chaos...confusion...brokeness...loss of control... Yet...This year has not left me hopeless or defeated. This year has left me no longer suprised by sin...the depth of my own or